Encouraging words of wisdom

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres...

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love.

But the greatest of these is love.”

—Bible (I Corinthians 13:4-7, 13)

Sunday, September 22, 2013

School Fighting: we need a viable solution now

September 22, 2013

     I’m putting the links below so you can read what incidence I’m referring to and I want to thank Ms. Sally Ericson for putting this information in her blog.  Here is the first link from Ms. Ericson’s blog, please go and read it because it’s a big problem now:  http://blog.al.com/live/2013/09/fights_facebook_threats_lead_t.html.

     When I was a little girl, I fought to settle disputes or to defend my friends and I didn’t care who I fought but it was always with my fist and never with a weapon.  It wasn’t right and I knew it but after I fought that person everything went back to normal.  Young adults are doing the same thing but not to settle a dispute, no to become famous on Facebook or YouTube. 

     These fights may be a small problem right now but they’re leading to a huge problem for schools if they can’t find a viable solution, because negative attention is better than no attention at all.  It’s my opinion that the Schools are not handling this problem appropriately.  It doesn’t make since to me to put these young adults in jail; how’s that going to fix the problem?  It’s a band aide solution because we don’t know what’s causing the bleeding. 

     The Schools and the Police Department have just made these young adults criminals and they have nothing else to loose.  What the schools are doing is not fixing the problem but making the situation worst because now these young adults have criminal records; when what they need is counseling (give them someone to talk to about their anger), discipline (put them in sports to help with the aggression), and positive feedback (help to build their self-confidence and self-esteem).  Some of these kids just need to know that somebody believes in them.  Instead of treating them like criminals and sticking a band aide on the problem; let’s get to the root of things and find out why this problem is happening in our schools.
     Here’s another link from Ms. Sally Ericson http://blog.al.com/live/2013/09/officers_patrol_williamson_the.html and I found these by doing a simple search on www.break.com and Youtube.com: 
The sad thing is, I can go on and on with these links.  Please America, wake up we need to fix this problem now before more lives are lost or ruined. 

     I’m Lady PJ and information is power.  This blog is my opinion and I would love to know what you think about it and if you have a viable solution for these schools please leave a comment.  Much love to you all and have a blessed day.

Copyright 2013
Ms. Philessa Jenkins



No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is what you make it


Life is what you make it...
so live the best life you can by being happy